We are looking for a Groomer to Join our Team!
Grooming Demand is at an all time high!
Our ruff bathhouse needs a Groomer to join our team. The Groomer will perform all grooming-related duties necessary to ensure that dogs are neat, clean, and look their best. The Groomer’s responsibilities include bathing/grooming dogs of various sizes and temperaments, trimming, clipping, or shaving hair/fur, and removing matted hair. As a groomer you should also be able to ensure that grooming tools and equipment are kept in good working condition. As the groomer you should also be able to comply with pet owners' instructions as well as accommodate any special requests that they may have. Ultimately, we are looking for a top-notch Dog Groomer that will treat all dogs with the utmost love and care and pays close attention to detail.
As a groomer at House of Ruff you will have a strong support staff. We have groom techs, who will assist you in bathing/drying and a front desk staff that will handle all administrative duties, booking appointments, calling customers, marketing and collecting fees. We want you to focus on what you are good at and that is grooming. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and wants to grow with our company.
Pet Groomer Responsibilities:
- Dematting and detangling hair as required.
- Bathing, conditioning, and drying pets.
- Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
- Expressing Anal Glands when requested.
- Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles. Suggesting ideas to owners about what might be a better option for their dogs coat.
- Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have.
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations.
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
- Routinely cleaning work areas.
- Recommending suitable products to pet owners.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification through the National Dog Groomer Association of America is advantageous.
- Proven professional grooming experience.
- Sound understanding of animal behavior.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to treat all dogs with compassion.
- The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.